Tamim Asey, writing for The Diplomat, has provided ten recommended priorities for Afghanistan's new president (and his new Chief Executive Officer).
1. Sign the BSA and NATO SOFA.
2. Fix the security situation and narcotics trade problem.
3. Fix the economy, fight corruption, and get more foreign aid.
4. Unite a divided population (Pashtuns, Tajiks, Harazar, Uzbecks, etc.).
5. Review regional and global diplomacy.
6. Reform the judiciary and rule of law.
7. Call for a loya jirga to amend the constitution.
8. Reform the banking and financial sectors.
9. Comprehensively reform the civil service.
10. Write a new chapter with the Islamic and Arab worlds.
You can read the entire article "10 Priorities for Afghanistan's New President", The Diplomat, September 24, 2014.