Tuesday, March 10, 2015
President Ghani to Visit U.S. - His 5 Tasks
1. Rebuild Afghanistan's image & U.S. relations
2. Secure long-term security and economic assistance
3. Seek a stronger U.S. role in peace process
4. More U.S. involvement with Afghan regional neighbors
5. Secure U.S. assistance to help Afghanistan become trade, transit, energy hub
Tamin Asey is a Fulbright alumni and a Columbia University graduate. He is currently a Kabul-based researcher and writer. You can read his article in "Afghanistan" Five Tasks for Ghani's Crucial U.S. Visit", The Diplomat, March 9, 2015.